I've started a new role that affords me the opportunity to spend plenty of time in China ~ Hong Kong and Shanghai this week, with amazing friends to show me the ropes.
Last night we had dinner at Din Tai Fung, referred to by CNN as a "global dumpling icon". One of their specialties is the Shanghai treasure Xiao Long Bao. Xiao Long Bao are soup-filled steamed buns in a precise form and were just fantastic. I can't wait to try to make these at home...
Of course spending time on the road means having to handle the CSA box in a different way. This week Sean picked it up and it's waiting for me, including:
- Cauliflower OR Green Beans
- Mustard Greens OR Spigariello
- German Butterball Potatoes
- Yellow Onions
- Baby White Turnips OR Summer Squash
- Mystery: Mixed Sweet Peppers - Mix of young tender sweet Romanian, Cubanelle and Green Pimiento peppers