Two Small Farms begins delivery this week and we're very much looking forward to it. Fresh, local, organic fruits and veggies will be waiting a short walk from home. The box will include:
- Spring Garlic
- Cabbage (either green or red)
- Butternut Squash
- Carrots (could be one or more of 5 colors: red, white, purple, yellow, orange)
- Radishes (either purple or French breakfast)
- Celery Soup
- Green Garlic Risotto (see page 173)
- Baked Carrot Fries (adding the parsnips too)
- Radish Toasts
I'm stuck on the cabbage and the escarole. A quick Googling led me to a recipe for Escarole and Pine Nuts and Rustic Cabbage Soup that might be worth a go.
Good luck to those of you also embarking on a(nother) season of community supported agriculture.