- Romaine hearts, sweet mixed greens, zucchini and several bunches of herbs from Happy Boy Farms.
- Strawberries from High Ground Organics, which is part of Michelle's CSA.
- Blueberries from Triple Delight Blueberries.
- Tomatoes from Swank Farms and two other stands.
- And many more...
Now that the party is over, I am faced with the challege of what to do with the leftovers. Certain things, mostly the prepared items, have to live on as themselves. But others go on to become something else.
Here's a sampling
- Tomatoes, bacon and turkey (from the Cobb Salad) combined with more tomatoes and mozzarella (tom, mozz, avo salad), Parmesan (Caesar salad) and basil (Orzo salad) became Turkey Lasagna. I also added Swiss Chard from this weeks Hidden Villa box.
- Mixed Berries (from berries and cream) became a crisp and I also froze some of the remaining berries to become more crisp or smoothies or mousse or sauce or...
- Crumbled goat cheese, chopped parsley and chives have gone into a pie crust to be used in individual pot pies. I have yet to bake this, but right now it looks incredible and I'm very excited to see how it turns out.I still have goat cheese to be repurposed and I'm thinking about gougeres, or perhaps some type of tart.
- Chopped basil, along with some leftover bunches will become pesto tomorrow.
I had the help of three amazing women. I could not have done it with out them.
It was a nice party and I wish I had taken some photos. I enjoy the parties I do for the family and occasionally someone will ask me for my card. I politely tell them that I don't have business cards, that I work for the family. I am complete with that!