July 21, 2009
Largest onion ever (Walla Walla)
I was excited when I opened the box and saw tomatillos. I had gotten a request for chicken enchiladas and I was pleased to be able to use tomatillos from our CSA.
Here's my favorite chicken enchilada recipe and my adjustments.
Chicken Enchiladas with Roasted Tomatillo Chile Salsa
- First make a batch of enchilada chicken. When you open the recipe scroll down towards the bottom and you'll find it.
- I think that the white pepper is too much, so I reduce it.
- Occasionally I will add tomatoes to the chicken.
- After the chicken cooks, strain and save the broth to use later.
- Make the salsa. I usually double the recipe
- Adjust jalapeno to your spice preference.
- Follow the recipe to make the chicken filling using the enchilada chicken and broth you made earlier.
- Use corn or flour tortillas as you prefer
- I often us Cotija cheese, but Monterey Jack is great too.
I always get rave reviews. The enchilada chicken is definitely worth making and the tortilla soup recipe is nice too.